Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh my head

I have a horrible headache at the moment, yuck. At least I'm breathing for the moment even if a bit more labored than normal. I survived my psych clinicals today, so one more week of those out of the way! Tomorrow is med-surg.

I don't think I'll ever work psych, it gets to me. It will bother me not knowing what happened to my patient from today. She was depressed, suicidal, diabetic and noncompliant so many, many medical issues to boot... But we had a good rapport, and she was sad to see me go, and I'll never know whether she really got the help she needed or not. I can hope, but our mental health system really leaves a lot to be desired.

I have a care plan to work on for tomorrow's clinical, not to mention a little last-minute studying for the psych test I need to make up tomorrow afternoon. Oh, and at lunch tomorrow I get to squeeze in an appointment with my lung specialist and see how I'm sounding these days. I could have saved them the time and told them I'm still full of crackles and rales, but I guess he wants to hear it for himself. Ah well, who needs lunch anyway. I usually don't have much of an appetite, but the steroids must be affecting me because I've been eating like a cow lately! So it won't hurt if I have to skip one meal tomorrow, I don't think my nutrition will suffer too terribly because I'm quite certain I'll find a way to make it up before 1600.

Okay, really, I'm going to go do that care plan while the baby naps. Really. Truly.

No comments: