Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sleep, glorious sleep!

Last night, I slept all night from roughly 2300 until 0600! This is the first time in at least a month that I've been able to sleep all night uninterrupted, and what's even more incredible is that I did it in the hospital! My nurse came in this morning and said she was in to check on me but I was sleeping so peacefully and the previous RN told her I was exhausted so she didn't wake me for all that middle-of-the-night bs vitals and such that they usually do. I am so grateful. She also kept RT out of my room all night, and I woke up this morning really confused as to why no one had bothered me!

They did a trending on my o2 sats while I slept to see if I can go home today, and she said it looked like I passed with sats in the 90s on RA all night. Funny thing, they did a walking desat with me, and I started at 89%. After walking the hallway twice, while talking with the RT, I was at 94%. I'm backward. Sitting still makes my sats worse ha ha. At any rate, this doctor doesn't start rounds until noon so I'll be here a few more hours but the end is in sight and I should make clinicals on Tuesday! No getting kicked out of nursing school this week!

No comments: