Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cancelled clinicals

Okay, this never happens, but my clinicals for today are CANCELLED!!! Woohoooo! Of course, rumor has it that clinicals are cancelled because our CI was in an accident on the way to clinicals, which I really hope is just a rumor. I'd hate to think I was celebrating her misfortune. So I hope everything is okay. Now I have a free day... I've already arranged childcare for the day, since I'm supposed to be gone until early afternoon. I'm already awake, fed, and dressed... All of my homework is done for the week (imagine that!)... I could go back to bed! Or read (for pleasure)! Oh the possibilities are endless! It's not often that a nursing student mother of five finds herself alone for the day with nothing that HAS to be done.

First things first. A new health food store opened up downtown, and I'm going to take advantage and head down there and see what they have. Until now, I've had to order any and all vitamins online because the only thing we have here is a GNC. I like a lot of herbal teas and such, and there's just no where to buy that stuff here. I'm hopeful. There's also a new cafe that opened up which is rumored to serve baklava, so I'm going to stop there for an investigation. Hubby will be most pleased if in fact I do find baklava, so this stop is for him mostly.

Then I think I'll browse the antique stores in the neighborhood. I mean, I'll already be there anyway, might as well see if I can find anything interesting. For me.

And then the guilt will hit and I'll start thinking about my next test and how I should be taking advantage of this time and studying and I'll have to head home and drag out my yucky nursing books and actually read or something productive to alleviate some of the guilt. But only a little, and not before I go enjoy my morning off. :-)

No comments: