I am beat after two days in a row of clinicals. As a matter of fact, I came home today in tears. Today was a horrible day, and I hope to never repeat it. I have to preface by saying that my three-year-old was up all night with vomiting and diarrhea, and as such I'm operating at less than optimal performance today. I was falling asleep on my feet tired, but forcing my eyelids open. On top of that, I'm having a LOT of pain lately (yesterday and today) no doubt related to my activity level and clinicals. I probably shouldn't be doing clinicals, but I'm not about to drop out now with only a few weeks left in the quarter/year. I'm sure my potassium levels must be low again, as I've been having that same crampy all-my-muscles-are-in-a-bunch feeling that just makes me want to curl up in the corner and cry.
At any rate, I almost almost almost made a big boo-boo today, but thankfully caught it before it was too late. My CI missed it too. I almost made a med error and almost gave a guy double the dose of solumedrol. Scary how close I was to giving that med, and something made me look again. A little later I had to stand there and apply medium pressure to a wound dressing that was still bleeding on a guy's sternum for 10 minutes, and by the time the 10 minutes were up my back and lungs were hurting so badly I had tears in my eyes. But I made it. I'm paying for it now.
The little guy is still sick and hanging out on the couch, so I'm off to tend to him. Today can only get better.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment